Problems listening to DA in WMP

Shoutcast, MP3, server, php, sql, ...

Moderator: elliot

Problems listening to DA in WMP

Postby TobyJ » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:35 pm

HAve been fiddling around with Windows media player and can't make it work for listening to DA. Have downloaded the suggested aac+ codec from Orban and can listen to other radio channels with aac+ quality. Does this seem strange? Yes it is strange! What can I do? I have downloaded WinAmp and that one works fine without any changes in settings (such as changing the assumed file-format for unknown files from mp3 to aac+). But still it annoys me that I can't get it right with WMP. Somebody has a solution?
TobyJ

Postby mondstar » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:14 pm

Hi,

try, instead of opening the URL, to clic on the first "80k: great quality"-button. Open with c:\programs\WMP\wmplayer.exe. That will hopefully do the trick. And the visualizations [e.g. alchemie @ random] are then off, but will still be working with all the rest. One gets this then:

ps.: if You want to be fast, choose "Do this automatically for files like this from now on" and okay.

pps.: on changing Your mind, open Firefox-Tools-Options..-register: Content -File Types- Manage... remove/change action of "PLS-Audio Playlist". Enter. And we´re at the beginning again.

N.B.: do inform us either way ... :wink:
Special guess wo, if 2.templecalls aliens not appear soon. Who'd build a cupboard full of saucers & stoueff several times a day. Hope as well they come down to Meddle Earph in a sou'-easterner accident from fresh Freekinshire. Sms, trickin trolls svp.
mondstar

Location: Highwaystar2hell Henry Ford's conveyor belt, 1oo% fearmongery. Magic djinntress in wan

Return to Technical Talk