Chat help

Shoutcast, MP3, server, php, sql, ...

Moderator: elliot

Chat help

Postby FKYES » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:33 pm

For everyone having problems getting inot chat...

Here's the info for your IRC client of choice:

server: irc.starchat.net
channel: #daprr
Don Cassidy
President, Interviewer, DJ, Artist Promo contact
Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
www.deliciousagony.com
FKYES
DA Staff

Postby pat_moog » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:20 pm

I just went into the chat room when It said there were 8 people there, but when I went in there was no one there
pat_moog

Postby LesPaul1059 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:07 am

Are you sure the page wasn't on a stale refresh? My computer does that to me a lot, like I'll have the window open, and I'll have to manually refresh, and bam three or four songs that have been played THEN show up on my list. If not, then, uh oh? :P

<edit>No, I just tested it and mine does that too. Peculiar.</edit>
LesPaul1059

How Do I.....? (or, you want me to do what!?)

Postby hoosier » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:51 pm

Ok, so I bought myself a holiday gift. It's a beaut....big screen, walk around the homestead listening over the wireless net, and generally feeling very happy. But alas-I cannot get into the chat room unless I sit on the hard chair using a circa 1998 Aptiva. Ponderous it is!

I tried the http://www.irc.starchat.net method, but they told me I was not authorized to view said page. (Hmmmm)

I quite honestly do not know enough about W-XP Pro (with SP2) to begin fidgeting. I have tried turning the firewall on and off (and on and off and.......) with no result. I've not yet installed SpyBot or Ad-Aware, though Norton SystemWorks Premium is installed.

I get the greyish colored square pop onto the screen when I click on "Chat", but it never goes as far as asking me if I want to install the jIRC chat program that "BINGS" me into the room.

Cookie settings seem to be inline.....I just don't know.

I do know my butt is getting calloused on my old, hard school chair and that can't be good.

And when this one gets whipped (the computer prob-not my butt), I've got an iPAC that is also not yet worthy of DeliciousAgonization.

I know, I can still get into chat and do my annoying things-but the current method is a pain in the ass.

Truly, send me some ideas-they will be appreciated. :D
Obviously, If you understand what I didn't say then we're on the same page...I didn't understand either.
hoosier

Re: How Do I.....? (or, you want me to do what!?)

Postby wdl » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:40 am

hoosier wrote:
I tried the http://www.irc.starchat.net method, but they told me I was not authorized to view said page. (Hmmmm)

I get the greyish colored square pop onto the screen when I click on "Chat", but it never goes as far as asking me if I want to install the jIRC chat program that "BINGS" me into the room.

Cookie settings seem to be inline.....I just don't know.

try: http://www.starchat.net instead of www.irc.starchat.net

The second one isn't not a resolvable hostname.

Your other option is to download mIRC at www.mirc.com.

Install program, run program
Type in nickname information, then in status window type:
/server irc.starchat.net
after connect type: /join #daprr

-Will
wdl

Appreciate It, Will!

Postby hoosier » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:28 pm

and tommorrow night I will try your suggestions. Truly, thanks for the comback...I'll let you know

Biggest of grins,
Hoosier
Obviously, If you understand what I didn't say then we're on the same page...I didn't understand either.
hoosier

It Works! And the Secret is.....

Postby hoosier » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:20 pm

To everyone's dismay, my JPilot thang now functions....and I get to see the smilies!

JPilot finally got back with me re: my difficulty with the response that I simply did not yet have Java installed. Duh

So I grabbed the free download, jumped in chat directly after restart and IT WORKED! (Sorry to yell, I just find some very simple things very satisfying)

I tried the mIRC, learned alot that I don't regret. I think I just like the pictures that come with the simple thing. Tra-Ho :D
hoosier

Postby hoosier » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:20 am

Elliot,
A couple things popped up for me the last few weeks that you may have some interest in as mondo technical dood :D

The new MS Spyware Beta (while actively monitoring) will not permit me entrance to chat. J Pilot will try to start, but be unsuccessful in connection. No sweat, one just temporairily disengages active "securtiy agents" and all is good.

There is an update to the Java engine that Java wants to update on its own to operate the J Pilot engine. It seems to function the way it was intended.

No complaints from this peanut gallery. It's all still good. Much thanks to all for many hours of joy.

hoosier
hoosier

Chat probs...

Postby Dahni » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:59 am

I have no problems getting into the chatroom. However, when I'm in there, it seems that no one can read my posts, which means that I cannot participate in the chat at all. :cry:

At first I thought that maybe it was out of date Java, so I updated it, and I got the same results, then I used mIRC, but still I could not be seen. :(

I also heard that someone else was having the same problems, as well...

Is there something else that can be done to solve this?
Dahni

Return to Technical Talk