New show: "Pamela's Eclectic Mix" on Thursdays

Specials, interviews, marathons. Hear it hear first!

New show: "Pamela's Eclectic Mix" on Thursdays

Postby elliot » Wed May 21, 2008 10:58 am

There is a new show, that actually started last week, but I'm still ramping it up. It's called "Pamela's Eclectic Mix". It will be played on Thursdays at 3pm EDT (-4GMT) and run for 1-2 hours until I get called to a meeting or something.

The playlist will consist of a mix of progressive music, fusion jazz, and the "right" kind of non-progressive music. Another way of puting it: Elliot's music. But I think my tastes are similar to most of your tastes, so you'll like 90% of what I play.

So, you'll hear a lot of Canturbury and synth-based prog, like Triumverat. But you'll also hear some 70's "classic rock", some obscure stuff I think is good, and maybe some pop stuff that has progressive undertones. Even some classical and some pure jazz (think So What, and Rhapsody in Blue).

Oh, and Pamela is the host. I'm just the behind-the-scenes producer.

This is a live show, so appropriate requests will be considered.

There is some history: when I first joined the station in 2002, I "produced" a show called "The Pamela Progsnob Hour". When Don and I took over the station, I stopped doing the show to run the technical aspects of the station. Now it's time for me to get back to playing good tunage.

So, sit back, crank up the volume, and enjoy.
Elliot
VP, Program Director, Webmaster, Chief techno-geek
Pamela Progsnob's "producer"
Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
elliot
Site Admin

Postby Fred » Wed May 21, 2008 2:00 pm

sounds great Elliot ! Hope to be able to catch the next one !
Fred
Fred

Postby Giloeada » Wed May 21, 2008 2:17 pm

I like the idea of "progressive undertones". When I hear some 70's pop stuff I haven't heard in years, I sometimes think - hey, this could almost be called prog!

Thursday afternoon not a great time for me, but I'll catch it when I can.
Give love each day!
Giloeada

Postby elliot » Wed May 21, 2008 6:07 pm

Gee, I sort of like the name "Progressive Undertones". Maybe I'll change the name to that. But maybe not. It implies a subtlety that won't be there most of the time. Triumvirat's progressiveness is not an undertone. "Introduction" by Chicago, WOULD be an progressive undertone. -- not progressive in itsef, but liked by those who like progressive music.

Ok, I talked myself into keeping the "Eclectic" name. And maybe I'll play Introduction.
Elliot
VP, Program Director, Webmaster, Chief techno-geek
Pamela Progsnob's "producer"
Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
elliot
Site Admin

Postby progwolf » Thu May 22, 2008 1:48 pm

elliot wrote:Gee, I sort of like the name "Progressive Undertones". Maybe I'll change the name to that. But maybe not. It implies a subtlety that won't be there most of the time. Triumvirat's progressiveness is not an undertone. "Introduction" by Chicago, WOULD be an progressive undertone. -- not progressive in itsef, but liked by those who like progressive music.

Ok, I talked myself into keeping the "Eclectic" name. And maybe I'll play Introduction.

YES - please play Introduction - haven't heard it in a long time, but I remember it's excellent!
progwolf

Postby yesola » Thu May 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Sounds good, I'll be listening!
yesola

Return to Programming announcements