South Side of the Sky on hiatus

Specials, interviews, marathons. Hear it hear first!

South Side of the Sky on hiatus

Postby FKYES » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:50 pm

After 6 years, I have decided to put South Side of the Sky on the shelf for awhile. Since I started doing South Side of the Sky in 2004, I have spent two hours every week playing this wonderful music. The best part of it for me was that I was able to meet so many wonderful friends over the years. However, due to various reasons, I have noticed that my enthusiasm for the show has decreased within the last year.

Therefore, I really feel that it is a time for a break. I want to personally thank every person who has made the South Side experience so wonderful. It is the listeners and rabid Yes fans that have made this so great for me. It has been an honor to bring this music to you on a weekly basis.

Hopefully, South Side will back again in the future. If not on a weekly basis, then for the occasional special broadcast.
Last edited by FKYES on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don Cassidy
President, Interviewer, DJ, Artist Promo contact
Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
www.deliciousagony.com
FKYES
DA Staff

Postby yesola » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks for all the dedication over the years , Don!
yesola

Re: South Side of the Sky on hiatus

Postby Adamas » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:16 pm

FKYES wrote:After 6 years, I have decided to put South Side of the Sky on the shelf for awhile............It has been an honor to bring this music to you on a weekly basis...........

:( Thanks for you dedication Don. This decision of yours is unfortunate! It has been an honor listening to you. Michel

........Always listening 8)
"It's a minority that makes us look like Assholes"

Music is Life
Adamas

Postby Thoughtbecontact » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:31 pm

I just saw this Don when I logged in tonight. It's really, really sad, but I do understand. I'm going to miss my Thursday nights. They've been fun for quite a number of years.
Dreams are meant to blossom courage
Constant to the source
Thoughtbecontact

SSOT

Postby yesrick » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Don

No surprise as it appeared as the show was just going through the motions. Same with the marathon unfortunately.

The better approach in my opinion is to have someone else host the show. Hiatus is the kiss of death.

I liked the show and it is what causes me to listen. Circle back on this one with your group and maybe you can find a guest host.

Anyway thanks for your efforts over the last 5 years. I enjoyed the time spent on SSOT.

All good things must come to an end.

Rick
yesrick

Postby kmcpro615 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:28 pm

Don....whatever you do, you always do it well...and with a lot of class!

The Southside thing to me is about the friends that I made as a result of it....starting with my friendship with you, which I value considerably. I guess we'll have to move the party over to one of your other shows! The music is cool, but I value the friendships even more. The music is just the backdrop!

Love what you do....I salute you for the immense gift of your time and effort in making DA fly. I intend on hanging in and doing what I can to support what you are doing...keep fighting the good fight!
kmcpro615

Return to Programming announcements