Requests and messages

The text here will also show up on the front page. Use this to make a request (replacing the old message board) or to send a message to the DJ. Note that the current DJ might not always be watching for requests.

Re: Requests and messages

Postby musics » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Guys, it HURTS how you cut the songs...!!!!
musics

Postby jmmallon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Delicious Agony will pay tribute to Greg Lake by featuring his work in a 24-hour marathon starting Friday, Dec. 9 at 1PM Eastern Time. Please share this with anyone who might want to listen to Greg's work.
Joe Mallon
Shadow & Light
jmmallon
Site Admin

Postby junkwaffle » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:29 pm

RIP Greg. And so it goes . . .
junkwaffle

Postby Adamas » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Thanks for this music
Adamas

Postby progmisterdude » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Please honor Greg Lakes memory by playing our version of in the Court of the Crimson King by the Prog Rock Orchestra loved the marathon tribute for him and Keith and Cozy too you guys are the greatest Prog station in the world
progmisterdude

Another Great Loss

Postby GKT » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:17 pm

Wow...another great one passes. This has been a rough year for those of us that were lucky enough to grow up listening to what would be considered by many, as the Golden Age of Progressive Rock.
I remember the first time I heard Lucky Man, as a very young teen who was blown away with my first exposure to the Moog Synth. This in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley (Hanford), amazed that we had a radio station that would actually play something this good.
Greg Lake was one of the few voices that seemed made for Prog. He will be mightily missed, as will Keith Emerson. Man, this makes me feel olde.
GKT

Postby Lithicdee » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:46 pm

This Flower Kings show this morning is just Fantastic! Saw them in small club in Manassas VA in fall of 2002 and they didn't click. (California Guitar Trio who opened were killer.) What would you suggest for my first CD? Quote to share with everyone from *Thomas Jefferson, "Music is the favorite passion of my soul". * Letter to Giovanni Fabbroni in 1778, an Italian naturalist/economist. FYTJ website says of his violin playing that, "By the time he matriculated at the College of William and Mary in 1760, his playing was so fluent that he was invited for weekly chamber music gatherings with the royal governor of Virginia". So much has been said about the founding fathers lately and, well TJ was just plain cool. Have 2 more neat stories about him and his music to share soon. My ears thank you this morning!
Lithicdee

Postby Rick and Roll » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:15 pm

I was at that show, it was right after Nearfest and there were maybe 15-20 people there. Small world! TFK played 6 songs but the length was 2.5 hours, including the Garden of Dreams and Truth Will Set You Free epics. With Daniel Gildenow I think! Last Minute On Earth, Road to Sanctuary, Circus Brimstone, and Stardust rounded out the set. And CGT opened with classical gas!
Rick and Roll

Postby junkwaffle » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:09 am

Killer sets being played ! Haven't heard Gravity Eyelids in a while, and it put me in the proper fourth dimension.
Sitting here doing a writeup of a Dec 11 Jeep run (Motino Wash - Lucerne Valley, Calif)
junkwaffle

Postby junkwaffle » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:23 am

KILLER music !
junkwaffle

Postby musics » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:32 pm

O.M.G., how I hate these cheap & embarrassing covers...!!!
musics

Postby Rick and Roll » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:08 pm

And so it begins :D
Rick and Roll

Postby yesola » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:24 pm

I miss the days of the chat with this marathon. It was 72 hours back in those days. Live DJ's too.
yesola

Postby musics » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:05 pm

Great to hear all this music of YES – but please STOP TORTURING US with all these very very very very BAD COVERS...!! YES can only be covered by making a new arrangement of the song, otherwise it's just embarrassing and heretical....
musics

Postby Rick and Roll » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Come on man. Can we not do this for one week? It's funny I was mentioning how much I enjoyed the covers. Two were from South America and one was Italian. Personally, I enjoy covers that don't mimic the original. There is a great CD by 10T records called "Undercover". Check it out if you like. Also, Jordan Rudess "The Road" home has amazing Yes, Giant, and KC covers. You may say some of the live Yes are covers! Anyway, I hear you about the levels etc. As I said before, listen to any radio station and the older songs are always a lower volume. We do out best, and again, thank you for your interest.
Rick and Roll

PreviousNext

Return to Requests/Messages