Requests and messages

The text here will also show up on the front page. Use this to make a request (replacing the old message board) or to send a message to the DJ. Note that the current DJ might not always be watching for requests.

Re: Requests and messages

Postby Rick and Roll » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:43 pm

Oh and welcome in Chris. I wish I could do a live show but it's too time-consuming!
Rick and Roll

Postby yesrick » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:54 pm

And then there was YES!
yesrick

Postby MAKEBELIEVE » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:49 am

Been a long time but couldn't miss the marathon.
MAKEBELIEVE

Postby yesola » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:53 pm

Well I must thank DA for running the Yes music for 48 hours.

If I can request one thing for next year, why stop it at noon on a Friday??? You don't have to return to 72 hours, but run it though to midnight, I think that would be awesome. ;) Thanks and Happy New Year DA!
yesola

Postby Twirlip » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:28 pm

For me, cover versions of Yes's music are heartening, because they testify to the music's continuing appeal. Also, it's always refreshing to hear new versions of familiar pieces. Keep them coming!
Twirlip

Postby Rick and Roll » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:56 pm

Thanks for the cover comment I agree! As for the running time, we were a bit late in organizing it and decided to use the same time slots and promos as the year before. I'm not a big fan of increasing it past 48 hours, but the Friday may be doable in 2017 - The Friday days are the 22nd and 29th. Put a bug in our ear in late November!
Rick and Roll

Postby jmmallon » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:47 am

The web player has been updated. It no longer uses Flash, and can be popped out into its own window and put back onto the web page.
Joe Mallon
Shadow & Light
jmmallon
Site Admin

Postby Rick and Roll » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:40 am

8)
Rick and Roll

Postby musics » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:35 pm

HELLLOOOOO, is this a meditation room, or a radio station for progressive ROCK...?? I mean, nothing against quiet and soft songs, but not for hours – we have daylight here in Europe, so please don't make us slumbery. Thanks and WAKE UP...!!!
musics

Postby progmisterdude » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:02 am

Please play in the court of the Crimson King by Prog Rock Orchestra

Also I want to send out my Prog loved my good friend Neal Morse and his journey on their tour of their new double concept Prog epic CD similitude of a dream anything you guys want to play off that thing would be awesome especially the real Proggy stuff from side two Love you guys And anybody that will be going to cruise to the edge please feel free to come say hi to me Brook Hansen your piano Prog entertainer for the cruise
progmisterdude

Postby musics » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:36 pm

??? CHRISTMAS ???
musics

Postby musics » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Am I the only one who's hearing one Christmas song after the other...?
musics

Postby Rick and Roll » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:59 pm

I'm not sure how old your post is, but playing now is a pre-recorded show from Glass Onyon. My show will be in a few minutes. - Rick
Rick and Roll

Postby musics » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:47 pm

Can't you see date and time of the posts?
musics

Postby Rick and Roll » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:03 pm

The times on the posts on here are not always indicative of the zone. I didn't think it important to search out exactly when - However, I did make a guess about the previous show, and it looks like I was right. So all I did was say, it sounds like the Glass Onyon show. I'm not sure why you found it necessary to ask me that, I thought I was being cordial. I have answered your other posts about the volume levels, etc the best I could. I do not run things here, am a DJ (But I do have input on station matters). Again, I do not speak for the station but I did pass the comments along. The last time you were here, you complained about the "mediation, quiet songs". You were not specific, but I assume you may mean the "Electronic Realizations" show. You may be better off finding the particular forum and posting there. You also may want to look at what is playing that day, and plan your time accordingly. We play a wide variety of music when the general player is on, and each DJ has their personal spin. I also am happy we play older songs, which inherently suffer from low volume which we can do little about. Hope you enjoy the music.
Rick and Roll

PreviousNext

Return to Requests/Messages