Books

Chat, meet, agree, disagree, make friends, fall in love. Have fun. Be nice.

Books

Postby mondstar » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:00 pm

..the only ones, one has to read. Okay, besides 1-2000 computer-tomes. First of all, they lose every charm in a translation, with maybe 1-2 exceptions. (depends on the language, i´d expect) And beware - not e.t. is flat on DISCWORLD. This link should give a start: http://www.lspace.de/books/books-dw.html *

Surprise, rather useful for a webpage, and don´t spent your money on any other than the disks; ehm, easiest will be, to point out the non-adulterates, which are not funny: The Carpet People; Strata; Truckers; Diggers; Wings. (don´t throw your penfeather/quill at me, "Pretty"; due to U i feel 3-D) Now i say no more - his forth, ´Mort´, has a "gig" on each page, even during the third time ..eh ? ..risk yourself.

* = EDITh: i´ve just changed the link and each&everyone may search for an even prettier, uhm perfect one - wait, what do we have here: Soul Music (1994)
"Sex, Dwarfs, and Rocks that Roll!"

Drama ? Hyperion. ..(faintly recall HÖLDERLIN´s epic, RHYME-version - Keats did it too, i just yagood...)
Last edited by mondstar on Mon May 29, 2006 6:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
mondstar

Location: Highwaystar2hell Henry Ford's conveyor belt, 1oo% fearmongery. Magic djinntress in wan

Postby mondstar » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:14 pm

oy, they throw books at you in England - hint

Last edited by mondstar on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
mondstar

Location: Highwaystar2hell Henry Ford's conveyor belt, 1oo% fearmongery. Magic djinntress in wan

Postby mondstar » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:05 pm

ja-nay-sure, i'm getting bald: in the above mentioned link there is no sign of a writer's name, so i thought to provide U with it, before somebody wastes her/his time spending it on ....dunno.

What is written on the paperback: if Terry PRATCHETT had been around when Douglas Adams wrote his ´Cult`-novel, latter would still be standing with his thumb up to get a lift, or thoughts of that sort.

Or directly from my left-over dizzywhirl, better DISCWORLD shock, err stock: T.P. joined the Central Electricity Generating Board and became press officer for four nuclear power stations. He'd write about his experiences if he thought anyone would believe it.

Pity that he is not in music business, or best ...think of The-chrissmess-chart-breaker-around-the year-special-...dash

Hey, the first two flatworldies are `The Color of Magic`& `The Light Fantastic`(somehow they belong together and gives one the ...right ideas over the circumstances there etc.) ; then `Equal Rites`, `Mort`, `Sourcery`, ...

ps: shall i dye my long hair for carneval ? From all i can remember is this the time of the year where all is ...easy. If You are not living in a fifth season region, You should be planning to organise a masquerade-party-plot. Have some fun or a ´pretty´ book.
Last edited by mondstar on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
mondstar

Postby mondstar » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:59 am

miaou, one should-have-read is for our more philosophically my-o-minded, namely "ZEN and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" by Robert M. Pirsig.

Found it while rummaging, leaving nothing unturned and it describes a super ...won´t say, it´s about a little mistake made by the classics long time ago - if i remember well.

Image tann-taah...

What can one say? - PC knows its way out ..wow. Hy-sky. This flight i will not survive. Btw, the ZEN-thing, Robert M. Pirsig.

-Ikarus

Imp. NOTE: pls, don´t look up ANY links (suddenly is there superabundent info); it would spoil the whole reading spree.

ciaou
Last edited by mondstar on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
mondstar

Postby Wasara » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:11 am

I have been heard of that "ZEN and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance".Maybe I'll pick that for next.Now I'm reading James Joyce's classic "Ulysses".
Wasara

Postby mondstar » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:25 am

Hya, Happy Trail,
I do not want to perturb ....the book-louse ...
Snappy snails then. It is going to take ages; 20 years even. (started 3,4 times - in vain)

I could sort of send "Feet of Clay" by T. Pratchett to U - or Finnegan´s Wake, Henry James, Martin Amis, Lord Byron and...Homer.

N.B.: classic Tolkien, too - Sir Gawain and the Green Knight; Pearl, Sir Orfeo and The Silmarillion - in exchange for a translator "Woman - babyLondon-ish"
Last edited by mondstar on Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
mondstar

Postby mondstar » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:38 am

...James Joyce´s original Finnegans Wake ..blimmin´ ivy-overgrown key-over-bord.

I have not bespoken too much in relation to the Zen-thing ?, have i ?.. U would get that one into the bargain as well.

{Attention (2x) - more clearance pls, me&my console rapidly advancing the brit. capital- .. -steering error...}

Uy, just woke up ... save on this convoluted carpet - what was that darn sleep-reading ...Steppenwolf

Roger
Last edited by mondstar on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mondstar

Postby mondstar » Sun May 21, 2006 5:55 pm

Cannot stand it anymore in my attic-tic-tic. Got the latest Pratchett, "A Hat full of Sky", two years too late methinks. It costs about 8 dearos, i gave all i had and the shopowner of the stationery said, "Come back whenever you are disposed to do so."
It starts with, "From "Fairies and how to avoid them", by Miss Perspicacia Tick". On page ´stew me a stork´ (or whatever) then, above-mentioned fantasy-friction fumbler calls the protagonistress´ cat, wait%worry, what? .."Ratbag", i mean, what happens next? ..Image
Imageseen "me" lastImage
ahumImage (smiley wavinna whi' flag)..pffff, "blunt-claw" ?...Image "law-swims-in-the-raw" ? ...Image...
...wuaHAHAhuui, Image...Goofy?, booh!! -u r a ghost, only u don´t know it yet <-mm-kik

so, may i read on?, urs wobbly jelly pu-ma...hahaha

oop, da-dates: A ProTaGomistress witch may walk in the rain. She dries very fast. ... finking fast.. haven't yet been able for a cat-wash procedure this year .... "Enjoy me drinks preferably from the inside. Dry dogs with no rocks. Or a coffeenfusion."
Last edited by mondstar on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Special guess wo, if 2.templecalls aliens not appear soon. Who'd build a cupboard full of saucers & stoueff several times a day. Hope as well they come down to Meddle Earph in a sou'-easterner accident from fresh Freekinshire. Sms, trickin trolls svp.
mondstar

Postby mondstar » Mon May 22, 2006 10:07 am

one more last fam. lost words: i recite from dare clic on me (an' this is only a book for small "uns"; update: nope, it isn't) "What does a research witch do?" Argh, high havens, where're my watertight moonboAts, and there's a very faint chance to survive the following page "pitchblack and becoming ever so darker"... Sure enough is no shiny Star around, especially when one needs ...."Ya, no problem Ringo, you can use the headphones anytime." He's changed a little since his playing with "gem vermins", carrying an uppish air under that really weird haircut - i would sue my barber/coiffeur. And change my name from "little voyaging icy, dusty and worthless stone, floating froo space" to ... lemme ponder - uhm, ...later. ...really, is he stark staring mad or what, he'd be wearing a hat.
Now, (doing advanced sulphur&what warmth experiments hear? Image) something is written about the most intellectual giant of the Wee Free Men (Pictsies), He had mastered the first two rules of writing, as he understood them.
1) Steal some paper.
2) Steal a pencil.

.. am as stubborn as steel can be, onner supernova - ..back inner sec. ....fest 1, 2, -ivity

Infos at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_%28world%29

ppppppps - this 's the webpage: vi-va-wot dot L space . org
Last edited by mondstar on Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Special guess wo, if 2.templecalls aliens not appear soon. Who'd build a cupboard full of saucers & stoueff several times a day. Hope as well they come down to Meddle Earph in a sou'-easterner accident from fresh Freekinshire. Sms, trickin trolls svp.
mondstar

Postby mondstar » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:39 am

Have found accidentally, in a sense, literally a novelty which is superior to waiting for or Spring itself, namely Pratchett's "SO RCERY", ... what (do) you think where Û (are) goin'? - no panic, this is the only embellishment of mine, a mishap Mega-stylee.

(x)Cite: The wizard vanished in a wisp of smoke -- (eh? ... YE!)

..etc, et cetuhruh, ... when Unseen University was endangered a group of rats made a series death-defying leaps onto his (Rincewind's) shoulders ..

or talking gargoyles: (thingies, statues on houses) with a goblin's face, harpy's body and a hen's (ho-ha) legs turned its head in a series of little jerks and spoke in a voice like the peristalsis of mountains..

and if one would scroll back a few pages a spoyler:

So Great A'Tuin (one unknown word: tuin in dutch is orchard) swam slowly through the interstellar deeps like the largest turtle there has ever been, carrying on its caraspace the four huge elephants that bore on their backs the vast, glittering waterfall-fringed circle of the Discworld, which exists either because of some impossible blip on the curve of probability or because the gods enjoy a joke as much as anyone.
More than most people,
in tact, ow actually.

bezewe (btw): ..is lit by one small sun, circumventinghnn, -ferencing the flapdoodle in earnest .. folderol, .. moves in a very complicated orbit. As a results this is probably the only place in the uniVerse, where it is sometimes necessary for an elephant to heave its leg to let the sun go past.

.. a person got to page twenny-funny...?... supers-natch-a-snazzy

Image ..let us think... Image
mondstar

Postby mondstar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:45 pm

The most coherent comic, so ..pictorial as well, the over-all atmosfeer unmatched. Pratty, with an e for my sake, again and again contrives in expressing a new view on the plane planet assorted books (forget M.R.) of his when the reader could be in need of an insight.

Tell you what, after struggling through a quarter of his fifth, i'm convinced that manifold instant reincarnations is an explanation for still being alive, and this in an extra dimension. Loved it from the second paragraph; since it is developing from The Mended Drum's escape, mean not the gin-mill, ... whatever, hope that the crayon doesn't suddenly fails on me while making marks .. or getting seriously harmed ..buy it!

Beginning with
1. Color of Majick, along with
2. The Light Fantastic
should be save, said enoughhh, ..FreeWeeMen & A Hat full of Sky also belong togewwer, you know the synopsis of them both, nothing really happened, the talking style though from the-m pikties is TOOMUCH...

okay, will put the other hazy remembrance up three posts, in violet cello, ney, we done this .. in blue sky-sty-lee ---- SOSsereehh..

ayayay=by the bar by
mondstar

Postby mondstar » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Cite from Sourcery:

(oKay, this paragraph is not so very funny, instead it should be save for reading)

The lonely little oblong was watched, from atop of a stone pinnacle the shape and temperature of a firebrick, by a chimera.* The chimera was an extremely rare species, and this particular one wasn't about to do anything to help matters.
(U are getting ideas?)

°*..eh)
For a description of the chimera we shall turn to Broomfog's famous bestiary Anima Unnaturale: 'It have thee legges of an mermade, the hair of an tortoise, the teeth of an fowel, and the winges of a snake. Of course, I have only my worde for it, the beast having the breathe of an furnace and the temperament of an rubber balloon in a hurricane.'

(ps- the rest of his, Terry Pratchett's scribblings are otherwise the most normal prosa one could wish for)
Last edited by mondstar on Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
mondstar

Postby minou38190 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:14 pm

Wonderful creature :lol: :twisted: :evil:
minou38190

Books..

Postby Dhalgren » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:57 pm

I, of course, would suggest "Dhalgren" to anyone who has a couple days to blow. It is the best book I ever read. I do not know what the book is about. I have read it four times...I do not know what it is about. But I do know that it is a great book...don't look at me like that...
Dhalgren

Postby Eezy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Eazy aka condensed silk.
with ey third wish: someone knows the address from Robert Plant? would actually really like to write a song with him ..or maybe it's simply fishing for letters.
Eezy

Return to Community