nicknames

Chat, meet, agree, disagree, make friends, fall in love. Have fun. Be nice.

nicknames

Postby pat_moog » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:58 pm

where do your nicknames come from?

mine is rather random really. I like the sound of moog, so added this as my "surname" pat was just completely random
pat_moog
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:26 am

Postby LesPaul1059 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:01 pm

One of my favorite guitars has always been the Gibson Les Paul. (so NO my name is NOT Paul, I get that a lot), and the numbers are because my dad has a Vintage Reissue 1959 Goldtop Les Paul, but when I first created this name on AIM, 1959 and 59 and 059 were taken, so 1059 was a nice availabillity
LesPaul1059
 

Postby durga2112 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:06 pm

1059 - that's one old school Gibson! ;)

Durga is the name of a Star Wars character from a novel that came out about 10 years ago. He was a Hutt. I just liked the way the name sounded when I was coming up with a screen name 6 or 7 years ago.

As for the rest, I was in a rush so I just banged randomly on my number keypad.
"Sometimes a view from sinless eyes
Centers our perspective
And pacifies our cries"
(Dream Theater - "Lines in the Sand")
User avatar
durga2112
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:04 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby hu0bV sn0!7!l3p » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:29 pm

mine is Delicious Agony upside down.

but i'm thinking of changing it to read 'Sir Oxenmarshelpaperpeeperknockingbird' (my friends' nickname at school)
WAAAZZZUUUPPPPP?!??!!!!??
User avatar
hu0bV sn0!7!l3p
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:03 pm
Location: B. C. Canada

Postby Tim_DJ » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:30 pm

Mine dates WAY back. I was a HS teacher back in 1997. I was teaching US history and we were covering WWII. We had just finished with 1944 when I got my Yahoo email address. I wanted Overlord, since that was what the allied invasion of Europe was called - Operation Overlord. However, it was taken, so I settled on OpOverlord. I've always used it since then.
Tim Blake
VP, Research Director, All Around Good Guy
DJ - Stainless Steel Prog
DJ - Microphone Free Zone
Delicious Agony Progessive Rock Radio
User avatar
Tim_DJ
DA Staff
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:35 am

Postby Poey » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:29 pm

I go by Poey in real life as well.


It's not my REAL name, but it's what I go by.
User avatar
Poey
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:29 pm
Location: Dublin, CA

Postby DruidsGlass » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:15 am

Druid has always been an alias of mine (ever since reading Terry Brooks's Shannara series) and then i got into Glass Hammer, and DruidsHammer was taken, so i went with what i have now.
Need electric violin. Taking donations.
DruidsGlass
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:09 am
Location: somewhere...nearby?

Coolnicks 'R' US!

Postby Buglunch » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:50 am

hu0bV sn0!7!l3p wrote:mine is Delicious Agony upside down.

but i'm thinking of changing it to read 'Sir Oxenmarshelpaperpeeperknockingbird' (my friends' nickname at school)


This is actually a floppable mirror palindrome- well done! Few people can even write a normal one or get the concept of any type of exotic palindrome.
I've been writing them since 1977 and they show perception, literacy in general and huge smarts.

If I find my list from then: my birthday win in Edmonton Journal (June 10/77) I'll post some. The fifty Canuck-bucks I won back then I spent immediately on a woman!

:smt113 8)
____________________________________________________-

My nick you can get from my naming my RPG "heroes" as anti-heroes: totally clumsy, cheesoid regular guys who trip a lot and fall on their own swords., i.e. worm food: bug lunch. :smt118 :smt040'
Also, click on a basic orc grunt or peon repeatedly in Warcraft 1 and eventually he will say my name out loud clearly and goofily!
/me bows. :) 8)
Keep on driving sideways!
Buglunch
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:16 pm
Location: 2" NW of Seattle, Vanouver Island ;)

Re: Coolnicks 'R' US!

Postby hu0bV sn0!7!l3p » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:47 am

Buglunch wrote:
hu0bV sn0!7!l3p wrote:mine is Delicious Agony upside down.

but i'm thinking of changing it to read 'Sir Oxenmarshelpaperpeeperknockingbird' (my friends' nickname at school)


This is actually a floppable mirror palindrome- well done! Few people can even write a normal one or get the concept of any type of exotic palindrome.
:lol: i never thought about that untill now! good luck finding your list! :)
WAAAZZZUUUPPPPP?!??!!!!??
User avatar
hu0bV sn0!7!l3p
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:03 pm
Location: B. C. Canada

Re: Coolnicks 'R' US!

Postby Buglunch » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:16 am

hu0bV sn0!7!l3p wrote:
Buglunch wrote:
hu0bV sn0!7!l3p wrote:mine is Delicious Agony upside down.

but i'm thinking of changing it to read 'Sir Oxenmarshelpaperpeeperknockingbird' (my friends' nickname at school)


This is actually a floppable mirror palindrome- well done! Few people can even write a normal one or get the concept of any type of exotic palindrome.
:lol: i never thought about that untill now! good luck finding your list! :)


I was hasty: since it does not read same backward as forward it's not a palindrome, but it is a neat floppable. The Edmonton journal bit is in the bedroom but there's this mess... :oops: :shock:
Buglunch
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:16 pm
Location: 2" NW of Seattle, Vanouver Island ;)

Postby s0undch4s3r » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:10 pm

Take one guess where mine came from?
User avatar
s0undch4s3r
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:23 am
Location: Merrimack, New Hampshire

Re: Coolnicks 'R' US!

Postby pat_moog » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:24 pm

Buglunch wrote:
hu0bV sn0!7!l3p wrote:
Buglunch wrote:
hu0bV sn0!7!l3p wrote:mine is Delicious Agony upside down.

but i'm thinking of changing it to read 'Sir Oxenmarshelpaperpeeperknockingbird' (my friends' nickname at school)


This is actually a floppable mirror palindrome- well done! Few people can even write a normal one or get the concept of any type of exotic palindrome.
:lol: i never thought about that untill now! good luck finding your list! :)


I was hasty: since it does not read same backward as forward it's not a palindrome, but it is a neat floppable. The Edmonton journal bit is in the bedroom but there's this mess... :oops: :shock:

hmm, I wonder if you can do that with other words ( my ueser name for example...)

6oow +vd

sort of (?)
pat_moog
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:26 am

Postby Bugeyes » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:26 am

Mine has YES in it. :lol: Then I was happy with it, and it became me.
Think only good thoughts since the whole of humanity depends upon the condition of its atoms. Dead Sea Scroll
Bugeyes
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:27 pm

Postby DainIcyhammer » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:18 pm

Dain Icyhammer - plugged my real name into a LoTR name generator and it spat this out. Thought it was mildly cool, plus I didn't have to burn any brain cells coming up with something else :roll:
DainIcyhammer
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:32 am
Location: Central New York, USA

Postby DT_adict. » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:06 pm

I love dream theater, that's the reason why I choosed it.
"what's th profit to a man if he gains the world & loses his soul"
DT_adict.
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:01 pm
Location: in my mind...

Next

Return to Community

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron