my intro to progressive music

Chat, meet, agree, disagree, make friends, fall in love. Have fun. Be nice.

my intro to progressive music

Postby the OTHER side » Mon May 02, 2005 12:27 pm

I would like to share my intro to ptogressive music... It was way back in 1972 when I first heard Roxy Music "Siren" and I have throughly enjoyed this genre since then.... TY 8)
the OTHER side

Postby Wasara » Wed May 11, 2005 3:05 am

Prog-bee bite me in year 1997 when I was 13.I accidently found "Close to the Edge" from my older brother's cd-archive.I was sold.
Wasara

pf

Postby minou38190 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:01 pm

my intro to the prog music???it was in 1971 when I heard "Atom heart mother" of Pink Floyd in "Radio Monte Carlo" I had a big flash in my head!!and Pink Floyd came in my life for ever!!!
minou38190

Progbirth

Postby kiawra9 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:06 am

Scrolling back through my lapsed synapses, it had to be in 1973 when I first heard the full uncut version of Yes's "Roundabout" on WMPH 91.7 which was a high school radio station in Wilmington Delaware. I couldn't believe that there was so much more to this tune than what the Top-40 AM stations were playing. The candle was lit, and it now burns with a white-hot ferocity. I'm just getting into all the newer stuff from about '95 forward and I frickin' love it. DA has opened my mind and eyes to much new music. Thanx DA.
kiawra9

1ST PROG,1STLOVE!

Postby rabidyesfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:48 am

:lol: MY FIRST PROG EXPERIENCE WAS FALL 1969! I CAME HOME FROM WORK EARLY SO I DECIDED TO START DINNER FOR MY WIFE AS SHE WAS STILL AT WORK AND HAD TO PICK UP OUR SON AT THE BABYSITTER,SO,I START AND TURNED ON MY TUNER AND THIS NEW YORK DJ SAID"HERE'S THE LATEST ROCK BAND FROM ENGLAND AND THEY'RE CALLED YES".HE PLAYED "I SEE YOU" GROM THIER FIRST ALBUM.AS SOON AS IT STARTED I SAID "DUMB DJ,THAT'S JAZZ NOT ROCK".THEN I HEARD JON ANDERSON'S VOICE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND I SENSED THESE GUYS REALLY LOVE WHAT THEY DO.BANG!!!!!!! I WAS SMITTEN,HOOKED & ADDICTED FOR LIFE...........EVERYTHING PROG EVER SINCE, ALTHOUGH I STILL PREFER THE OLD NAME "ARTROCK".ALMOST 40 YEARS LATER,HERE I AM,STILL LOYAL AND STILL SEARCHING FOR GREATNESS IN ALL GENRES OF MUSIC,RELIGION,CULTURE,ART & ANYTHING "CREATIVE" ON THIS OR ANY OTHER EARTH.EAR TO THE GROUND WITH AN OPEN MIND CAN REAP SOME VERY UNEXPECTED REWARDS...........THANK YOU YES!!!!!!!!!....................RABIDYESFAN
rabidyesfan

Return to Community