mp3pro

Let us know if you have ideas to improve the station or the web site.

mp3pro

Postby FACE1E55 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:27 pm

Could you upgrade your server to stream in mp3pro? The 80Kb mp3 is just borderline acceptable (relative to CD quality) in my opinion, but I get slightly better quality from 64 Kb mp3pro streams for example at live365.com. I think that's equivalent to 96Kb mp3 regular.

Great station though!
FACE1E55

Postby PapaJimH » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:49 pm

At theradiantflow they recently took OFF the MP3-Pro plugin and changed the stream format to ACC. The listeners all report 1000% improvement in sound quality, and that the sound is as good or better than here. But the stream is only 44hz/32k. Imagine how good it would sound at 64k. I think it's worth investigating, although I have NO IDEA how big a headache it is to change formats from a tech install perspective. As a DJ, it was a relatively simple change. Another nice feature about that is that the software automatically creates an MP3 archive that can be used for off-hours listening or IPOD downloads.
PapaJimH

Postby FACE1E55 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:58 am

Any type of pro,plus, etc. upgrade would be great. I am looking for CD quality at <= 64Kb. I do a lot of ripping and while anything at 56K sounds fine on my computer speakers, once I burn to a CD and go to the car, anything less than 96K is unacceptable.
FACE1E55

Postby ianmitchell » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:18 am

I've heard the main reason they don't use a higher quality stream is to stop people from recording the stream. That's probably why the station gets a lot of support from artists and record labels - DA exposes people to music they might not hear otherwise, but the artists and labels don't have to worry that people will just record the stream instead of buying CDs.
ianmitchell

Return to Suggestions