I have a suggestion

Let us know if you have ideas to improve the station or the web site.

Postby elliot » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:25 pm

This is a dicey situation. We did get permission from Dream Theater to do the DT Marathon. For the small-label and independent bands, this is no problem. Many would pay us to play their music. For the big label bands, we don't want to make waves, so we'll stay away from big-label band marathons until congress figures out that we aren't a threat to the RIAA.

Meanwhile, look for Marathons featuring The Flower Kings or perhaps a Swedish Scene marathon. Swedish prog is sooooo great!
Elliot
VP, Program Director, Webmaster, Chief techno-geek
Pamela Progsnob's "producer"
Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
elliot
Site Admin

Postby durga2112 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:31 pm

Does Marillion count as a big-label band? I'm sure a lot of people would love to hear a Marillathon. *groan*

Also, what about picking a "supergroup" and spotlighting music from them and also the different artists involved in the group? So for example, a Transatlantic spotlight would also include music from Dream Theater, Marillion, Spock's Bear/Neal Morse, and The Flower Kings.
"Sometimes a view from sinless eyes
Centers our perspective
And pacifies our cries"
(Dream Theater - "Lines in the Sand")
durga2112

Postby LesPaul1059 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:36 pm

Yeah, that'd be a good idea. OSI can branch into a lot, Liquid Tension Experiment, you can't get much from like Rudess Morgenstein project, but yeah that is a pretty cool idea :P. That's pretty much like the DT marathon, i.e. they played side projects and things the band were featured on, like Tim Donahue or Ayreon.
LesPaul1059

Frameshift ROCKS!!!

Postby Mel » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:23 pm

Please, Please, pleas, play Frameshift's new album - An Absence of Empathy. It is Amazing!!! It has Sebastion Bach on vocals, and Henning Pauly who is an amazing musician!!! Its AWESOME! Please play it!
Thanks!
Mel.
Mel

Previous

Return to Suggestions