Sugar

Let us know if you have ideas to improve the station or the web site.

Sugar

Postby jasoncg1 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:17 pm

Is this progressive rock? I sign on to the internet to listen to Delicious Agony, because I don't want to hear this typical radio-crap!!! Without remembering exact examples, I've noticed quite a bit of what I would question as being progressive rock played on DA recently. What's up with that? Did an alternative radio DJ break into the control room? What gives?!?! Enough of this crap!!! Let's get back to the prog!!!!!
Suzy Creamcheese...honey...What's got into ya?
jasoncg1

Re: Sugar

Postby ProgScape » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:25 pm

Jason,

jasoncg1 wrote:Is this progressive rock? I sign on to the internet to listen to Delicious Agony, because I don't want to hear this typical radio-crap!!! Without remembering exact examples, I've noticed quite a bit of what I would question as being progressive rock played on DA recently. What's up with that? Did an alternative radio DJ break into the control room? What gives?!?! Enough of this crap!!! Let's get back to the prog!!!!!

I'm sorry that you feel that the music that I play during ProgScape Radio does not constiutue what you feel is "acceptable" but it's that exact thinking that leads to pigeonholed tastes and I simply refuse to be a part of it.

I state right up front that I DO NOT JUST PLAY PROGRESSIVE ROCK. I play alternative, I play electronic, I play ska, etc. I do play progressive rock, and I even mentioned that this is the first time in 94 episodes of ProgScape Radio that the album of the week is not going to be progressive. I do not appologize for this. I'm a huge fan of all types of music, not just progressive rock.

Since you mentioned the radio, I'm glad you brought it up. Sugar was never played on the radio, although Bob Mould (the guitiarist/singer) pretty much FOUNDED alternative rock with his band Husker Du in the 80's. Radio doesn't have the balls to play good music.

So, yes, I play alternative rock on my show. I make no appologies for it. If you were to go to my website for the show (http://www.progscaperadio.com) I tell you flat out what's coming. Nevertheless, I don't do this show _for you_ - and don't worry, your pigeonholed musical tastes should feel much better when a computer handles the playlists.

- mike.
ProgScape
Site Admin

Postby jasoncg1 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:36 pm

Pigeon-holed music taste? Well, I'm not sure how you got into the control room, but just know two things:

1. I'm a contributor to this website (After signing up for Sirius and figuring out in 3 days how much it sucks, I found this site and found it worth contributing).
2. This is Delicious Agony, "Progressive Rock Radio," so if you'd like to play alternative or other crap, why not play it on a radio station that is not progressive rock radio? You don't see people going to the country station and playing classical. If I want variety, I'll listen to a radio station called Mix00.0

You understand, as I'm just annoyed that I finally found what I thought was a crap-free radio station, and now I'm hearing typical FM crap. And just because they were not played on FM doesn't mean it's not typical radio crap. The fact is, it sounds like all the other crap that is played there...talentless, mind-numbing, empty, etc.

I guess I'll put together a play list of my CDs. Can't go wrong there.
jasoncg1

Postby Greatbear » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 pm

I for one found the Sugar set as well as the other songs surrounding it a refreshing change. While most of the 'purists' will say that it's not prog, I don't limit myself to a couple genres/subgenres and I doubt that many here do. Tonight's setlist was almost a cross-section of part of my own collection, including Sugar. This may be true for other listeners. Not everyone has the same tastes, and some might not mind a sampling from other artists and bands that arent considered typical 'prog'.

Besides, it's not practical to air guitar along with "Soundchaser". :lol:

Keep up the variety. It's what I listen to DA nearly every day for.
Greatbear

Postby jasoncg1 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:28 am

Again, I go back to my analogy of no one playing classical music on a country station. And also again, if I want variety, I'll listen to a friggin' station called "Mix 00.0!!!!!" AHHHHH!!! Let's keep the friggin' prog PURE!!!!!!
jasoncg1

Return to Suggestions