Colosseum and Blodwyn Pig...

Are we not playing something you think most listeners would like? Tell us about it.

Colosseum and Blodwyn Pig...

Postby kg5uc » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:53 pm

I was going through your Artists list, and noticed that two of my favorites were not listed.

I first heard Colosseum's 2nd album back in college (a LO-O-ONG time ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth!). Drummer Jon Hiseman is one of my all-time favorite drummers. He, Tony Reeves and Dick Heckstall-Smith broke off from John Mayall after the Bare Wires Album and formed this group. David Greenslade was recruited and the band was rounded out by James Litherland. The first three albums are really great.

Same for Blodwyn Pig. Formed by former Jethro Tull guitarist Mick Abrams. They have some really great material on both the first and second album. As a BTW; we have a station here in St. Louis by the call letters of KSHE. Their "station mascot" is "Sweet Meat," a pig wearing sunglasses with a "doobie" hanging from his mouth. KSHE got Sweet Meat from the cover of the first Blodwyn Pig album.

Surely you have something by these groups and they were just left off of your Artists list, but if you haven't, they're both very worth checking out.

73 from Glenn - KG5UC
73 from Glenn - KG5UC
kg5uc

Postby TrevorPrinn » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:32 pm

I haven't scheduled any yet (by an oversight, I intended to) but I will play Jon Hiseman on the new fusion show, Sonic Fuel. Not just Colosseum, but Colosseum II and Paraphernalia.
TrevorPrinn

Return to Music that you would like DA to play