Christian Prog Bands??

You love a band that someone else hates. Say why, but please don't insult someone just because they don't share your opinion or tastes.

Christian Prog Bands??

Postby DJBlacklist » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:49 pm

I was looking to get together a Master List of sorts for a friend of mine who is mainly into Christian music so that I can introduce him to the world of Prog Rock/Metal etc. So anyone who would like to post the bands that they know of in this genre post them up....the one with the most bands listed gets a cookie...oooooooooo!

DJ BL
..Its raining...its raining...on the streets of New York City...
DJBlacklist

Postby ianmitchell » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:49 pm

I don't really follow that scene, but I can come up with Neal Morse, Ajalon, Iona and Ten Point Ten; I'm sure there are more. Some of White Heart's albums were almost prog in parts too. Then there are bands like Glass Hammer and Proto-Kaw that I believe have Christian members without playing overtly Christian music. I can't think of any off the top of my head from the metal end of the spectrum.

A lot of other bands have Christian-friendly themes too - Morse-era Spock's Beard, the Flower Kings, Transatlantic.
ianmitchell

Postby ianmitchell » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:40 pm

Oh yeah, Ted Leonard of Enchant is another Christian in prog circles, and some Enchant songs (particularly those he writes the lyrics for) have definite leaning in that direction.
ianmitchell

Postby misterkeyboard » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:51 am

A new band from Sweden called Life On Hold.
www.lifeonhold.se
misterkeyboard

Return to General music discussion