Tiles

Did you like something we played? Want to know more? Looking for information about a particular band? Ask here.

Tiles

Postby durga2112 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:42 am

Tiles - All She Knows, from the 2004 album `Window Dressing`

That is what is playing as I type this, and I am [b]loving[/i] it! It reminds me of Permanent Waves/Moving Pictures era Rush.

Is this song typical of Tiles's sound?

Wow, I like this. :D
"Sometimes a view from sinless eyes
Centers our perspective
And pacifies our cries"
(Dream Theater - "Lines in the Sand")
durga2112

Re: Tiles

Postby diddy » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:04 pm

durga2112 wrote:Tiles - All She Knows, from the 2004 album `Window Dressing`

That is what is playing as I type this, and I am loving it! It reminds me of Permanent Waves/Moving Pictures era Rush.

Is this song typical of Tiles's sound?

Wow, I like this. :D

Hmmm I listened to some of their albums in a shop. I for one didn't like it but there are many people out there loving the band just because they're sounding like Rush. That's also what I noticed during listening.
Maybe you want to have a look at the InsideOut homepage because the label just remastered all their albums...you can listen to 30 sek. samples of every song there. www.insideout.de is the adress.

I hope it helped a bit...even if I don't like Rush :roll:
If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear...
George Orwell
diddy

Postby durga2112 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:32 pm

Hehe, wow, I forgot I even posted that and now I can't remember what the song sounded like. :lol:

Thank you for the web link - I will check it out when I get a chance. :)
"Sometimes a view from sinless eyes
Centers our perspective
And pacifies our cries"
(Dream Theater - "Lines in the Sand")
durga2112

Postby Garden Dreamer » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:29 am

Holy Smokes, if you like this, then you gotta get their previous two albums.

Their latest, Window Dressing, is just ~okay~ in my opinion. Something's missing - even though Terry Brown (yes, Broon!) produced it again, it's missing the "sweetening" that he provided to their earlier albums. The overall sound is a bit "unfinished."

Their previous two are "Presents of Mind" and "Fence the Clear." Killer five-star albums with a Rush influence, but also outstanding riffing and songwriting. Insightful lyrics right out of the Neal Peart school of lyric writing.

Enjoy!

-GD
Garden Dreamer

Return to Band and label info