TSOTT at a festival near you?

Know something new about a progressive band? Tell everyone!

TSOTT at a festival near you?

Postby Mr. Jeff » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:40 pm

Hi everybody, name is Jeff Comas. I am a musician, composer, and a fan of great music. I post here because my friend Walter Moore (Vocalist/Guitarist of Glass Hammer) and I have been discussing putting together a production of Kevin Gilbert's The Shaming of the True. To the best of my knowledge TSOTT has been performed, in public, only once. Walter and I believe that this masterpiece surely deserves more performances! So, I sent an email to Kevin Gilbert's estate and this was the response:

>>Hi Jeff,

My Name is Jon Rubin and I am the executor for Kevin's estate. TSOTT was performed at a previous Progfest by Nick D'Virgilio with Mike Keneally's group, if that has any bearing on your project. I am afraid there are no charts. Otherwise more power to you and let me know how it's going.

Best, Jon<<

Encouraged by this, we thought we would see if the Prog festivals (or any festivals for that matter) would be interested in having a performance of TSOTT. So far, I've been in touch with Chad Hutchinson (Vice-President, NEARfest chad@nearfest.com), and his response seemed positive, but seemed to encourage enrolling other known talents in the venture.

Now, Walter and I are trying to find and organize the talent to perform TSOTT. So, any interested performers please email me.

Ok, so now what? Would you like to see TSOTT performed at your favorite festival? If I can show some fan support, I believe the festival organizers will be more likely to book the performance. So, post responses, email me, email your festivals, etc, to show support of TSOTT!

My contact information is: comasj@bellsouth.net

Thanks for your interest and support.
Mr. Jeff
Mr. Jeff

Postby Mr. Jeff » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:27 am

Anyboby gonna share any thoughts about this?
Mr. Jeff
Mr. Jeff

Postby ianmitchell » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:15 am

I would, but there aren't any festivals near me :?
ianmitchell

Postby Mr. Jeff » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:54 am

The nearist one to (progday) me is about a 5 hour drive. We we to it last year, it was fun and, I think, worth it.
Mr. Jeff
Mr. Jeff

Return to Breaking news